Monday, January 21, 2013

First Position: A Documentary

This past weekend, I watched a documentary called First Position. It followed a group of young ballet dancers who were preparing to compete in the Young America Grand Prix (a super exclusive ballet competition).  Their ages ranged from 11 to 17 and were some of the most talented kids I've EVER SEEN. Their dedication was so inspirational. They knew exactly what they wanted and worked relentlessly to get it. As the documentary played on, I found myself rooting for all them. In fact, I plan on being a internet-stalker to see if they've done a follow-up (since it was filmed in 2010). I really want to know what happened to them! If you're looking for a pick-me-up-meets-inspirational-movie watch it. It's currently an instant-play on our beloved Netflix!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment