Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chickpea Fritters

I'm always on the hunt for my next FAVORITE recipe, my next food obsession. You know what I'm talking about, the kind of recipe that you make 3-4 times the first week because it's just that good. I've made these fritters about ten times since discovering the recipe on Pinterest. They are truly tasty and satisfying. The best part is that Ryan loves them just as much as I do. See, win-win. He's happy, I'm happy, we're all happy.


I adopted the below recipe from here:

What you need: 

- 1c chickpea flour
- 1/2ts salt & pepper
- 1ts cumin
- 1ts rosemary
- 1ts cayenne pepper
- 3/4c hot water
- 1c baby kale
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3/4c of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/8ts baking soda
- olive oil for frying

What you do: 

Mix flour, salt, pepper, cumin, rosemary and cayenne pepper together in medium bowl.

Slowly mix warm water into flour mixture, stop when it looks like pancake batter. Put batter into fridge to rehydrate 30 minutes.

In the meantime, get your other ingredients ready. Then add everything else to your batter bowl. I have to warn you, the batter isn't going to look pretty. In fact, it's going to look pretty gross, but don't get discouraged. They taste wonderful.

See, kind of gross looking.
Heat up pan with oil and start frying your fritters. I like to use my 1/4 measuring cup to ensure that the fritters are the same size (which means they'll cook for the same amount of time).


Cook each fritter for 2-3 minutes per side or until they are golden brown. 


I top mine with tzatziki sauce which is a winner combo if I do say so myself.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment