Wednesday, October 24, 2012

San Francisco: Alcatraz Part I Outside

Last week I went on business trip to San Francisco & lucky enough for me, I was able to squeeze in some touristy stuff in between my work responsibilities. One of my little excursions landed me on Alcatraz Island.  The morning I went, the infamous San Francisco fog was in full effect, and the 12-mile island was cast into a gloomy, murky, light which only made the place more eerie.  I was able to take some pictures when I was there and have to say that they don't do the place justice. If you're ever in the area, you must go. It's a once-in-a-lifetime place.

What I think I loved most, was the strange beauty all of the green moss added to every surface. Part of the reason why the facility was closed was due to the up-keep costs and I could only imagine how costly it would have been to keep that beautiful moss from growing.















No comments:

Post a Comment