Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Asparagus Tart

My friend Nicole had a baby shower this weekend (yey baby!) and I was tasked with making the oh-so-easy and oh-so-delicious asparagus tart. It's a combination of few of my favorite things: cheese, puff pastry and asparagus. Oh, ok, asparagus isn't really one of my favorite things. But cheese and puff pastry definitely are.



I followed my girl Martha's recipe.

What you need:

- 1 sheet of puff pastry thawed (I thawed mine in the fridge the night before!)
- 2c gruyere cheese (or swiss if you're in a pinch)
- 1 1/2 lb of asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 tb good olive oil
- Salt and pepper

What you do:

Preheat your fantabulous oven to a whopping 400F

Roll out puff pastry to make a 11"x16" rectangle (mine was smaller)



Trim away excess puff pastry to make a purdy rectangle

With a pairing knife, score pastry dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle. And then prick center of puff-pastry with a fork (like a bake potato!)

Put into oven (on a parchment lined baking sheet) and cook for 10-15 (or until lightly golden).

Ok, now that your puff gorgeousness is in the oven, grate your cheese/trim your asparagus. 




Lay your cheese onto baked puff pastry and arrange your asparagus on top

Drizzle top with olive oil. Season with salt-n-peper.



Should look something like this! Pop it into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes (or until asparagus is tender!)

I would suggest checking it at the 18 min mark--cause puff pastry burns easy.


Enjoy as an appetizer, light dinner, or a snack!

XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment