Wednesday, February 20, 2013

[An Unpoetic] Ode To My Grandparents

This here is an ode to my grandparents (Mama and Poppy), the most perfect people on the planet. My grandparents, like most I assume, played a huge role in my upbringing. When I say huge, I really mean gigantic. They are the most selfless people I know. They would do anything for their grandchildren. And I mean anything. They picked us up from school, drove us to our various activities, made us extra special breakfasts when we slept at their house (which was EVERY Friday, mind you). They would draw our baths, and take us back-to-school shopping. Oh and the trips to DISNEY, how could I forget. We went to Disney ALL. THE. TIME. They patiently waited for us to go on our rides, made sure that we always had our virgin strawberry daiquiris (a vacation specialty) and let us have the times of our lives. I don't have a single childhood memory that doesn't involve them in some way. They are my life, and I love them so dearly it's ridiculous.

Here's to you, Mama and Poppy, for making my childhood so damn special. I love you from the bottom of my heart. I hope with all of my everything, that I can be like you when I'm older.

XO.

Me

From our last trip to Disney!

My Mom, Mama and Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment