Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Unwritten Words

I'm the type of person that always has a journal or day planner on hand. Despite my iPhone addiction, I just can't get over my love for day planners. It goes back to my college days when I would write down EVERY SINGLE THING I did, right down to what I ate (I'm not kidding). One of my favorite activities is looking through planners-past and seeing what I was up to. Another special treat is finding to-do lists, or grocery lists, or....unfinished love letters? I found love letter to my [current] boyfriend while looking through my 2009 planner:

There is an undoubted wonder that surrounds us when we're together, wrapped in each others arms. A wonder about what ridiculous statement will come out of my mouth. A wonder if you'll laugh. A wonder that locks our eyes in a crowded room. This wonder anchors us together like the moon and earth; love's gravitational pull is our unconscious movement towards one another. One without the other would be...

I was really onto something there...

Does anyone else like going through journals/day planners/ etc and reminiscing about your old life? It undoubtedly brings a smile to my face and, in this case, reminds me of how I really should finish love letters when I start them.


No comments:

Post a Comment