Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New Apartment: The Kitchen

So I don't mean to start this post off on a negative note or anything, but I'm not too crazy about this kitchen. Its super-duper out dated, the appliances could legally drink, for sure. I mean, we have a TRASH COMPACTOR, when was the last time those things were in vogue? 1982? But I guess there are a lot of good things, you know the huge cabinets no wait, the amble countertops, errr the windows? Yes, yes the windows are good. It's also, kind of a weird U shape, which is good for cooking, I guess. You know, since everything is in arms distance from everything else. And we only have one cutlery drawer, so we found these handy buckets at Ikea for our utensils. And don't get me started on the floor--those tiles need to be ripped up and burned. At the stake. Since they're EVIL, but I digress. The kitchen is good, for now. And despite its vast shortcomings, we're making it work. So there. ;)




None of these bottles fit in our cabinets, so now they live on our counter ;)

my mixer Large Marge is the best thing in this kitchen

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Timer watch over our spice collection...

...and speaking of spices, the first thing my Mom said when she came to visit was "You sure have a lot of spices, damn"
(errr, she didn't actually say 'damn' but I thought it added to the statement. So there.)






No comments:

Post a Comment