Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Lady Did Christmas Presents: Pom Pom Garland


As I mentioned the other day, I made pompom garland. I also might have mentioned that Bruiser ripped it down with a savageness I've never seen before. Well, since most of you don't have a Bruiser, here are some instructions on how to make your own pompom garland should you want to. 

Here's what you'll need...

I got all of my supplies at Michael's for about $10. I got the LARGEST needles I could find! Keep that in mind. 

Next up: 


Create a patter with your pompoms or DON'T create a pattern. This is your project, so do what you please, but I went with the red, white, and green theme. 

What's not pictures is probably the most important {tisk, tisk, Katie} but I want you tell you how to actually tie your pompoms onto the string. What I did was tie about 3-4 pompoms onto a piece of string & then snip that piece off, and set it aside. This garland gets tangled QUICK, so creating smaller segments and then tying them together later is the way-to-go. I threaded a bunch of pompoms onto the string. Then I slide a pompom to the side and knotted it into place. Then I slide another pompom over, keeping the spacing in mind, and tied that into place. I did that one more time and then SNIP SNIP SNIPPED. Not going to lie, but I'm kind of obsessed with the end result. The best part is that it only took me a 1/2 hour! Booya!


{he literally hovered near me during the entire project!}
{See the savageness I was talking about!?}

1 comment: